The NWPPA Executive Committee has endorsed several surveys designed to document common industry spray equipment and application practices currently used by growers, commercial contractors and applicators.
The purpose of this work is to benchmark current practices and provide a framework for the adoption and recognition of efficient and relevant DRTs. When complete, results will be made available by the NWPPA.
- Leaving the outside downwind rows unsprayed.
- Using coarse and very coarse droplets in conjunction with axial fan sprayers.
- Limiting ambient wind speeds to below 15 km/hr.
- Use of commercially available shielded (recirculating) tower sprayers.
- The influence of nominated adjuvants (on canopy coverage and drift reductions).
- Artificial and natural vegetative barriers.
The effectiveness of some of these DRTs will be determined in work being endorsed by the NWPPA.